Monday, February 27, 2017

Finding Luke and Leia


One day Mom spotted two small kittens running in our backyard.  We tried to catch them.  My family gave up, but I did not, so I continued the adopting plan.  The kittens were not sure if we were friends or not.  Luke gave up and fell behind because he grew tired.  I caught Luke and started to pet him softly.  Surprisingly, Luke stayed put so I went back to catching the girl kitten.  I finally found out how to catch them:  I sat with them and pet them.  Then my family admired my catch.  I begged to keep the kittens, and my brothers were with my vote.  My parents carefully thought through the decision.  We patiently waited for an answer.  They replied, "Fine."  We jumped and cheered in excitement, but there was one problem.  Luke could spray and claim his territory in the house and Leia would give birth to more kittens.  I did not think that was a problem.  In fact, I wanted more cats. Next, we had to find if they were a girl or a boy, so we let Poppy inspect them.  More questions followed:  what food do they need, how would Theo react, and will God send more cats into our backyard for adoption.  I thanked God for the three cats that we got from the wild.  Later, Grammy and Poppy came to visit.  We shouted when they got inside, "We got two more cats added to our crew!!" Poppy came and told us that Leia was the girl and Luke is the boy.  I was destined to hear more about cats and kittens.  Poppy told me that he used to be a vet and helped cats, birds, and dogs.  The next time he brought me a magazine all about cats.  I jumped on the couch and asked, "Can you explain more of the cat body parts, how they work, and what they can do.  After looking at the magazine for a while we sat at the table and ate lunch.  Brett and Poppy told about Poly and how she won the cat show.  My brothers and I laughed about the funny things about how our cats were similar to Theo, Luke, and Leia.  For example, Poly walked like Theo in a weird way.  They mentioned that fleas were a big issue to a wildcat so we bought flea treatment.  We put on the calendar when it was time to apply the treatment.  Theo hated it, so he darted to the front door wanting to go out.  Luke and Leia saw that it looked evil so they decided to run from Dad and the evil treatment.  Dad gripped Luke by the scruff and poured it on his neck.  Luke felt the pain.  Leia was next, she pondered what to do.  I said, "Leia, he's trying to help you not hurt you."  Leia was not sure if that was true.  Then Dad applied the medicine, "Drip, drip."  Leia ran to the back door and I opened the door for her.  I exclaimed good night to them and wished them good dreams.
Luke was the boy and Leia was the girl.

When we got Leia her left eye was jammed so we helped her fix it.

When I caught them, they were calm, felt safe, and we had to adopt the two cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment